Trimble announced today the launch of Trimble® Field Designer, an innovative mobile staking and design solution that enables electric utilities to quickly design overhead and underground electric utility lines on mobile devices in the field. Trimble Field Designer leverages mobile technology from Trimble Business Partner, GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc. (GSI). It was developed to add new field staking and design capabilities to Trimble’s Network Information System (NIS), a state-of-the-art network asset management solution. At the heart of Trimble NIS is a fully connected “live” network model built on a single database that provides for comprehensive documentation, topology and full lifecycle support of electric utility network assets.
The announcement was made at Trimble Dimensions.
Quick to deploy and easy to use, Trimble Field Designer enables electric utilities to:
- Capture pole locations efficiently and accurately
- Measure distances, angles, elevations, offsets, and bisectors
- Assign construction units to locations and spans for material and labor requirements
- Capture comments and information about design
- Reduce design time
- Eliminate redundant data entry in the office
Trimble Field Designer is compatible with most mobile devices using Windows, iOS or Android operating systems and supports Trimble mobile computing devices, high-accuracy GNSS receivers and total stations. It also operates in offline mode so that staking and design work can continue in locations with little or no cellular network availability.
In addition, through the direct integration between Trimble Field Designer and Trimble NIS, specific capabilities include:
- Synchronizing Trimble Field Designer designs back to Trimble NIS
- Assigning Trimble NIS plans to specific Trimble Field Designer users based off of plan ownership for staking in the field
- Capturing assembly units in Trimble Field Designer that are synced back to Trimble NIS for staking sheets and reports
“We are excited about launching Trimble Field Designer and adding new staking and design capabilities for our customers using Trimble NIS,” said Benoit Mallen, business area director for Trimble Energy Americas. “With Trimble Field Designer, our customers can take full advantage of new staking and design processes as part of their overall network asset management processes and operational workflows.”
“We’re proud to take our relationship as a Trimble Business Partner to a new level in support of Trimble Energy’s efforts to deliver unique and innovative solutions to the electric utility industry,” said Carl Livingood, vice president, business development, GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc. “Our core mobile technology in Trimble Field Designer addresses the unique and challenging mobile staking and design issues electric utilities experience in the field.”