Leading automated drone startup Airobotics announced today that it was honored with the Technology Award in mining by Mining Magazine for 2018. The annual award celebrates outstanding new technologies, initiatives and equipment performance within the mining industry. Airobotics was chosen for its groundbreaking drone solutions used throughout the mining industry. The company has expanded globally throughout the US, Israel and Australia in the past year.
“We are honored to be recognized by Mining Magazine as the leading technology within the mining industry. This past year has marked significant growth for us in mining as well as across other industries globally,” said Ran Krauss, CEO and Co-Founder of Airobotics. “Our team is dedicated to offering clients with a truly automated solution that increases productivity and safety while still decreasing operational costs.”
Automation has boosted productivity at mine sites by 25 percent and drones are one of the most versatile and cost-effective ways to integrate automation into the industry. Without the need for human pilots, they can operate safely in the most hazardous and remote sites. Airobotics’ automated solution represents the next generation of drone operations, overtaking standard piloted services which are expensive, inaccurate and not always available. The company is the first and only drone solution worldwide certified to fly without a human operator (certification from Civil Aviation Authority of Israel, March 2017, see here for details).
The latest accomplishments for the hyper-growth startup include:
- Obtained first and only CASA approval in Australia to operate automated multi-rotor drones from its Remote Operations Center beyond visual line of sight with no aircrew needed at the client site
- New executive hires including William Atkins as Chief Financial Officer and Rick Baker as Chief Revenue Officer
- New global headquarters in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Expansion into several new countries including Australia, and the US
- First company granted authorization to fly fully automated pilotless drones in the US, Israel and Australia
- $101M in funding to date
Airobotics has previously been honored by The Wall Street Journal as one of Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018 and as one of the world’s “Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company. The company received Frost & Sullivan’s 2018 Global New Product Innovation Award and the 2017 Edison Awardfor innovation and excellence as well.